Friday 28 January 2011

Weiss beer, please!

On a recent trip to Munich, I had a Weiss beer over dinner. But before I drank it, I thought I would do a quick sketch. As there was nothing to make a good sketch in the restaurant conservatory, I ended-up drawing what was in front of me, on the table.





I had with me my Moleskine sketchbook and a newly purchased set of four Sanguine PITT artist pens (Small, Fine, Medium and Brush). This set is more limited that the grey set (see my post Working on tones and values with felt pens) because they are all the same shade of sanguine ink. So if you want shading, you have to criss cross the surface.





I like the colour of the ink and I look forward to see how it will do with colour washes. As the pigmented drawing ink is waterproof, these pens would be ideal.



No comments: