Monday 19 January 2009

Night roadwork - oil painting


I took the photograph I used as reference material last year in the town centre of Munich, with my mobile phone's camera. I was wondering if I would get anything in these night conditions, but the digger with the projectors looked good in the night. This is the advantage of digital photography, you can experiment and, if it does not work, there is no consequence.

I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Because the camera is only a 2 milion pixels one, the photograph looks grainy. Far from being a drawback, the lack of definition enhances the view and also makes it easier not to paint is a photographic manner.




Night roadwork - oil painting (24 X 19 cm) by Benoit Philippe

I think I will try a larger format of the same painting... with a twist. More on this later.

No comments: